This morning at our Hawkes Bay BNI breakfast meeting Michelle Dunstall from Dunstall’s Funeral Services Ltd reminded us all that today may be our last, so enjoy it! Sometimes it can be hard to enjoy small business with the struggles that we all deal with. Here are some common traits of successful small business owners:
- They don’t work around the clock:
– 58% say spending time with family in the evenings is crucial to their success;
– 28% turn off their phones and laptops after business hours;
- They don’t pretend to have all the answers:
- They are 2.4 times more likely to turn to a mentor or support group for advice;
- They are 1.6 times more likely to have an “excellent” relationship with financial advisors;
- They’re willing to spend money – successful entrepreneurs are happier to splash the cash than those who failed;
- They keep their finances in order:
– 98% recommend financial or accounting technology;
– 65% of failed businesses blame financial mismanagement;
- They walked away from good jobs:
– 58% had a corporate position before taking the plunge into small business.
Life is short, if you’d like to have more fun in your business come and chat to Walsh & Associates to see how we can help.
Statistics sourced from Xero.com