Here’s a few tips and hints from our friends at Tandem Business, always good to review and plan ahead for the new year!
Hopefully you have had a great 2017, and are really looking forward to a well-earned break over the Christmas and New Year period.
Here are some tips to consider during the break.
- If you can, take the first 5-7 days off completely. Do no work if possible, whether you work for yourself or someone else. Fight the urge! You’ll still function as normal with friends and family but ultimately, this season is about taking it easy. It’s time to unwind, rest and recover from your year.
- After a time of recovery, it’s often a time of recreation where you can do the things you love with the people you enjoy the most. This creates plenty of precious memories and recharges the batteries.
- When you are feeling rested and recharged, it’s a good time to review and reset. Taking a pause to review the 2017 year will give you the clarity you need to decide what’s important for 2018.
Here are some questions that will help the process:
- Have you achieved your goals for 2017? If not, why not? What got in the way?
- What were your highs and lows of 2017? What did you learn from these?
- What is your greatest frustration right now? What do you want to do about it?
- What goals do you want to achieve in 2018? What is your desire level like to achieve these goals?
- What extra training or support will you need to help achieve your goals?
- Be wary of well-meaning ‘advice’ from friends and family over the break. We’re not saying dismiss the advice completely, just be wary of the motivation behind the ‘advice’ and the skill level it comes with. It takes time, experience, and expertise to give good advice. So just ask yourself whether the person giving you advice has your full picture, or has the expertise and experience you need.
- Be cautious about making quick big decisions. Making good decisions takes time. Time to gather all the required information, time to consider the implications of the decision, and time to assess if it will advance your cause. And whether it sits well with you and/or feels right.
Steve and Robert from Tandem wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We hope you make the most of your break and hit 2018 refreshed and recharged.